Ingredients for Chettinad Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu
- 300 gms Black Chickpeas (Karuppu Kondai Kadalai) soaked overnight or for 8 hours
- 2 Onions big, finely chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 4 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tblsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp Gasagasa
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Saunf
- Curry Leaves few
How to make Chettinad Kondai Kadalai Kuzhambu
- Grind the coconut and gasagasa to a smooth paste with little water and keep aside until required.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse.
- Pressure cook with enough water and salt until 1 or 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cinnamon, saunf and curry leaves.
- Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and pour 2 cups of water.
- Stir to mix well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add salt and ground masala.
- Mix well and add enough water.
- Bring to a boil and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with rice.